Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Let me start by saying. . . .

before I met Jaden I had goals and a five year plan. Then I met him and like most marriages my personal plans had to change. Jaden has alway been supportive of my choices, but recently he went above and beyond to help me to finally reach some of my personal goals. A long time ago in college I set a goal to run a half marathon. I set my goal to have it done by age 30. Obviously that didn't happen. I was going to do one with my brother, Paul, but we couldn't find one that would work. Then I saw that there was one that was a fairly flat course and was at a lower elevation than here (sweet!). There was one hitch -it fell right on our 6 year anniversary weekend. My non-lover of running committed to doing a half-marathon with me.

'
AND if that isn't bad enough. In my original five year plan I was going to get braces to finally fix my bite. So, a couple of days after running a half-marathon my husband gets braces with me so we can fix our teeth together.

Now if that doesn't mean love after six years, I don't know what does! Happy Anniversary

11 comments:

Strong Family - said...

That is SO awesome. You have a great husband!!!

Crystal said...

Wow Kit, you got a good one! Happy Anniversary you two! It only gets better:) Love to you both.

Burgess said...

Okay....that is the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life. Congratulations on the marathon and the lover!

bethany said...

So this is love, ooooohhh...

Nice job for running a marathon Kit--makes me feel like I should get away from the sewing table and run or something. Love the braces. Can I call you guys brace-face now? :)

Vickie said...

You guys rock!

paul hunt said...

waaaah! and you didn't even tell me you changed your plans :^(

Christie & Dan said...

You guys are just TOO cute!!! That's AWESOME you ran a half marathon. Congrats and accomplishing your goal!

Heather said...

That is beyond adorable! Too stinkin' cute I tell ya! And how exciting to be able to cross some items off! Congrats!:)

The Hunts said...

You're already 30? I didn't know that you were older than me :)

Allred's said...

That is so sweet to run the marathon, but the most adorable thing ever to see your braces together!! NOW THAT's TRUE LOVE

Cara said...

You guys totally look like high school sweethearts!!!! You should go make out at a football game or something, you could really freak some people out. I think you are totally cute and kudos to you Jaden for being so supportive!!!!