Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween

Kayda loves all sorts of stories. For awhile one of her favorites was Hansel and Gretel because of the "scary witch". Actually she would ask if I would read her "Handsome and Ghetto" which I thought was quite appropriate since I frequently refer to Jaden as handsome and of myself, ghetto.
I thought the story would be a great inspiration for Halloween costumes.
Well unlike the story, this Hansel and Gretel went looking for food instead of leaving some behind.
They didn't try to find their way home either. In fact, Hansel tried to run away.
This woodcutter dad wouldn't have sent them away and nor would this witch try to eat them.


And I bet they didn't get to sleep on their way home in car seats either.
I guess we weren't much like the story but we had a fun Halloween!
Hope you did too.

10 comments:

Ally said...

Great post!

bethany said...

I love the family costumes!! You once again (of course) did a fabulous job Kit!!

Burgess said...

GENIUS!

Emmett said...

Those are so cool. Yi=ou should be in charge of my costume next year!

Emmett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Burgess said...

I forgot to tell you -- the Ewton blog is discontinued. I'm just going to be using it for a journal, so Zane and I are the only one's with access.

I just spend WAY too much time on it, and I feel like sometimes I'm trying to prove to people that we have a life and fishing for compliments. Yuck!

Thanks for being a loyal reader, though!

j&krosser said...

Lari did you say something mean again and had to remove it? HAHAHA

kristal said...

Alright, I think I said this last year, but you guys win for the cutest halloween family! I FREAKING LOVE IT!!! Colby looks SOO CUTE with those suspenders.

Joni said...

Too funny Kit!

The Hunts said...

No, I wish I could think of something sassy, sorry. Maybe your next post. This one is too amazing. Before I read your sassy comment, I was going to say, Good Job on the Gingerbread house Braden! I loved the costumes. It looks similar to the gingerbread house at Legoland. We gust need to develop a cackle in your laugh!