Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Sister Dear


In my opinion, there are very few people who are as awesome and wonderful as others make them sound. My sister, Celia, was one of those few people.
I always say that being part of a large family that I get a little bit of who I am by each of them. I think that any ounce of creativity that I have is in large part due to Celia. I remember her helping us create decorations for the different seasons, drawing illustrations for a good old fashion reel-to-reel in a shoe box, and making Maren and I dolls that we could snuggle at night.
Celia had a infectious attitude of fun. She was able to get everyone to participate in games or even more memorable get everyone to follow her lead as she danced to Feliz Navidad.
But most importantly she loved her family and the gospel.

Just over two weeks ago, my sister, Celia was diagnosed with leukemia and shortly passed away trying to fight each new complication that it created for her body.

They told me that a sister you would be.
I had no idea what that meant to me.
Of your life, I have sweet memories
A lot filled with joy and some adversities

From you, many lessons I learned
Like how respect and admiration can be earned.
Most of all you showed me how to love.
A love that can also be felt from above.


As I feel your presence near
What a sister means becomes very clear
From the beginning and right to end
You taught me that sister means"friend"
~kit

13 comments:

Strong Family - said...

I'm so sorry Kit. What a time your family has had lately. I'll be praying for you guys. I love keeping up with you. :-) Lauree

The Karafa Family said...

Thinking of you xoxo- Mindy

bethany said...

I'm so sorry for your family's loss. We're praying for you. Love you guys!

lil mama said...

You guys have been through so much lately!! I'm so sorry! Seriously if there's anything you need, tell us.

And, on a side note.,..
after hearing about your mom we were thinking of what we could do. We(and by we, I mean Zane) have only one talent to share and that is photography. So we were wondering if your parents would let us do a photoshoot with them. You know how much we love your family and thought it would be nice for all of them.

Let me know. I think we're going up there in a couple weeks.

Kristal said...

Kit, did you write that poem? Beautiful, so glad I don't wear eye make up most days. I LOVE these pictures. HOw sweet. I LOVE your mom in that first one. She's a hottie. Great memories. We love you guys! LOTS!!!

John and Laura said...

What a sweet tribute to your sister. I love the poem that you wrote. Beautiful! I love you and will keep you in our prayers.

Crystal said...

I am wiping away tears as I type this. I don't even know what to say, but I want you to know that I love you and your wonderful family. Thanks for your wonderful example, and for sharing such a tender poem. Wish I was there to give you a hug, but probably a good thing I'm not because I would start blubbering all over your shoulder. You are in my prayers. Love ya! :)

the Gardners said...

I'm so sorry. What a time for your family. Know that I, too, am thinking of you and will keep your family in my prayers.

Vickie said...

I love you Kit!

Emmett said...

Kit, I love you. You are such a GREAT aunt! The poem at the end cheered me up. Thank you!

Alona said...

Kit, I was so sorry to hear about Celia! What a great tribute you posted! My thoughts are with you!

Maria said...

Kit, that is an amazing tribute to Celia. I wish I had your way with words.

The Hunts said...

I DON'T THINK I COULD HAVE SAID IT BETTER!