Friday, March 27, 2009

Take a Hike!

One of my goals for the year was to do more hiking.  Hello!  We live right by the forest!  So with my birthday money we bought a pack for Kolby.  Yesterday we decided to do a little trail.  We didn't expect to hike as much as we did. 

I loved all the commentary from Kayda.  When we first started hiking she said," I can't see Pocahontas."
We found a little spot in the rocks that Kayda thought was a cave.  You can tell by the picture she isn't too excited about it.  She told me," I don't want the bears to get me."  She is the one that makes me read "Going on a Bear Hunt" almost daily.
Kolby was totally enjoying the whole trip.

Kayda did really well.  She did find a hiking stick to help her out.  By the end she said,"  My car is lost.  We need to find it"  One of the best things about the hike is that Kayda took a bath and went straight to bed before 7:00.   Today I feel worthy enough to proclaim that  I majored in Recreation.

5 comments:

Maria said...

OMIGOSH that is so darn cute. Leave it to you to find a baby backpack. I wanted to see a picture of you in your post though.

Heather said...

You and your family are so stinkin cute! You all have the best facial expressions! Glad you had fun!

Maren said...

I love the Kolby pack!

Alona said...

How fun! I'm jealous that you live so close to good hiking spots! We need to come and visit!

Lindsay said...

That looks like a lot of fun! (I always seem to lose my car toward the end of the hike too.)