Monday, October 06, 2008

Application

So Sunday morning I was getting ready to sit and enjoy General Conference. But before I could completely settle down, I was in the bathroom when Ally knocked and let me know that Kayda just brought her an open bottle of Motrin. So I investigated: I saw the open "child proof" cap off of the bottle, I called Jaden to see how much was in there when he last gave it to Kayda, asked Kayda if she drank some (the answer being yes). So then I proceed to call Poison Control. I went through all their questioning to find out that she was probably okay. After the lady explained what the possible side effects may be, she said," and try to limit her activity." I thought,"Did I not just tell her that she was 2?!" and laughed that at that moment Kayda was running around the room like a chicken with it's head cut off.


When I finally sat down I was able to catch President Monson's talk and he said it best,"If you are still in the process of raising children beware that -the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will, to your surprise, will miss them profoundly."


(some pictures from the weekend)



I really do enjoy this time but sometimes it is good to have the reminder.



"Find joy in the journey NOW" Thomas S. Monson

5 comments:

hayley said...

That was a great talk! It's hard to believe that this time in our lives we be over so soon:) Also, poison control is a great resource I think a lot of moms don't know about, glad to hear you do. Hope Kayda is OK:)

The Hunts said...

Fun times at your house this weekend. Brittany had such a great time! Thanks. It sounds like you had a few projects to entertain many. Your creativity amazes me!

Kody and Kurliston said...

How exciting to see your family. So cute!! And yes you were right, this will be so much easier keeping up with ya'll!!

b&d said...

Can't tell you how many times I've called poison control. As a matter of fact, I called them last week when I thought Britton had eaten ant bait. But it is true, that this will be over all too soon, and "you're gonna miss this."

Kristal said...

Great post Kit! And seirously what I needed to hear at this very moment as my kids fight and use the toothbrushes in non toothbrush ways. Um, and I want to hold Colby!!!!