Monday, July 28, 2008

Pioneer Day





I remember going to the Pioneer Day celebrations when I was a little kid and liking them. So I decided to sew a bonnet for Kayda for the festivities. When we got to Wal-mart (the only place to buy patterns here) the cheapest bonnet pattern was $12. SO the cheapskate that I am and Project Runway enthusiast I decided to make one without a pattern. It is not the best but I think not too shabby for no pattern and 40 minutes. Anyway we never saw a good crowd or anyone dressed up where the festivities were supposed to be so I hope that I get some brownie points for at least TRYIng to go.

*We bought a new camera with a better shutter speed to catch smiles and such better (doesn't happen often with a long delay) but Kayda decided to make faces for the pictures anyway.

5 comments:

The Hunts said...

I am not gonna lie. The first thing I thought when I looked at those pictures was...hey, nice bonnet. Seriously good job. I scrolled down and read that it was without a pattern. I am impressed.

John and Laura said...

I am totally with you! Patterns are so expensive. Good job. The bonnet turned out awesome.

Brittany said...

Wow! I'm so impressed with your creativity and ability

Brittany said...

She reminds me of ancestor Kit

Ty and Jacki Hanks said...

I love that bonnet! That is sooooo adorable!