Thursday, July 10, 2008

Colors

So lately Kayda has been obsessed with colors. The other night I asked "What is your favorite color?" and Kayda said "Pink!" Then I asked," What is your favorite number?" and her answer was "Orange!" (I did say "No, like 1, 2 ,3 ,4..." and she said "9!") But everything lately has happened to be grouped together. It started when I had to mend a shirt and she was playing with the pins while I sewed (notice the red and orange ones):


Later Ally brought some letters and numbers for Kayda to play with on the fridge. Kayda put them together by color. Jaden wanted to see what would happen if he mixed them up and low and behold there they were again the next day- Color Coded!


Then today she was mad because I made her go potty and so she stayed in the bathroom pouting and doing this with her hair elastics:
If anyone thinks this is my statement of "oh my kid is so smart", it really isn't. It is my statement of "Yes! My kid has hope of being able to help separate the clothes for laundry!" (which has taken me YEARS with my husband-j/k Jaden!)

5 comments:

j&krosser said...

I know how to do laundry, I just don't do it the way you like it done. So I am glad that Kayda will be taught from the Pro at an early age. I love you.--Jaden

bethany said...

I love that Jaden and Zak always insist on making comments on our blogs like we never actually speak to them...
I'm tired of being pregnant. But that's beside the point. Should I be worried that Jakson doesn't color coordinate things? Does this mean that he's a little "slow" or is maybe a girl thing? I don't know. I think it's funny that Kayda does this-I'm sure it keeps her entertained for a few minutes which is always a plus!!

Maren said...

Or it could be a sign of the Hunt OCD kicking in early. But if it helps with the laundry, woohoo!

Ty and Jacki Hanks said...

That is hillarious! She is INTELLIGENT! Jaden..dont worry...Ty just found out where the washer and dryer was...when I needed his help to fix the hook ups! :) hahahha

kristal said...

ha! Good one. Your kid IS smart though. My b is only a few months younger and he just now is saying 5 words....pop (which is poop) mo,(which is more), mo (which is also water), roll (which is roll) and buu (bye) so yea, you're raising a genius...which we all knew, the kid is a Hunt!