Saturday, June 21, 2008

Eulogy

It happened! My pillow has officially died. Yesterday Kayda was playing with it when it ripped in half and all the feathers flew like from a scene of a movie when a big pillow fight erupts. I know you are thinking "your pillow? whaaa, whaaa". Let me just explain. I have had this pillow since I can remember. It has caught many a tear (maybe some drool), waited with me in several airports, waited up for me while I wrote papers, comforted my head while I read, and supported my knees when I was pregnant. Pillow went with me to BYU, Brazil, and the adventures of marriage. Even when Jaden called it my "t-shirt" I defended Pillow. I finally caved and got a replacement but I let Kayda start her own adventures with Pillow. Unfortunately those adventures have ended. May you rest in peace Pillow. I miss you.

6 comments:

Maren said...

That's sad. But it's too bad you didn't get a pic of the guts flying.

j&krosser said...

I thought that a picture of it's guts spilt on the ground would be too graphic.

Karafa Family said...

No way, bring on the graphic pillow scenes!

Celia said...

Darren calls my really old pillow my "ugly pillow." At least "T-shirt" is slightly nicer derogatory term.

Lari said...

I'm sorry about the loss of your pillow
Lari

Harding Family said...

That's funny! Kit, it's Miken Hunt. How are you? You look great! Your family is beautiful!