Sunday, December 09, 2007

I Am bringing it Back!!

Sometime after the 80's my sister gave me her crimper. It rested for a few years and then it got fired up when I went to college. Despite my crimping parties and debuting them at dances or ward parties the fad never quite made it's return that I had hoped. (I have tons of pictures of participating roomates and friends including Steve who joined in only after convincing him it uncrimps with mere washing of the hair) After my unsuccessful attempts the crimper got put back in the closet.(sorry no pictures of college years - too lazy to scan tonight)


But during Halloween my sister Maria(the one who gave me the crimper) decided to make her girls be "Thing 1" and "Thing 2" with Cat in the Hat. She needed a wild hairdo for the costume and TaDa! the crimper came out.


Well the other night I was making dinner when Jaden announced that our daughter had found the crimper AND plugged it in. (she likes to pull out the child safety plugs). Jaden said it was rather amusing seeing her try to crimp her hair herself but decided to jump in before she got burned. She sat completely still as he crimped her hair. So maybe I didn't suceed with bringing crimping back in my generation but maybe the next!!

No comments: