Thursday, August 09, 2007

Self-induced Bondage


Have you ever seen a mother in bondage? Some of it is self-induced. Well I am one of those mothers. They are easy to spot- the ones with the big ol shopping carts at the store. There are only 2 places that I go here, Home Depot and Safeway, and they both have the car shopping carts. It all started when Kayda saw one and looked at me and uttered her best "please" which was more like "pllth". But it was cute and hard to resist. But now I can't walk past the BIG shopping carts anymore, with the cute finger pointing at it and the "please" that follows it- I am officially in motherhood bondage.
P.S. I had to return the candy that Kayda has. She snitched it while I was putting groceries at the check-out. (she is starting young)

2 comments:

Laura said...

We call them "cool carts" and my girls LOVE ... to fight while in them. They beg me to get a cool cart for them, but then they always fight and go berserk when I do!

And it's not mother bondage as much as it is compromising. "You go run boring errands with me, and I'll make it a teensy bit more fun for you by pushing around one of those mammoth-RV carts." Though I'll admit that sometimes I purposely try to avert their eyes away from the carts as we walk into the store. Maybe I am in bondage more than I think!

Kristal said...

She really is starting young! I didn't steal candy til 1st grade, then as we know stickers in 3rd grade....heehee!

Seriously, I'm so grateful for those stupid carts...at least the ones with buckles that aren't broken. I mean how else would a mother of 3 kids under 5 go ANYWHERE?! I think I'll buy one in fact!