Thursday, July 26, 2007

Rainy Days and Mondays

Okay so the Carpenter song says that "rainy days and Mondays always get me down." So Monday was very rainy but it didn't get me down BUT yesterday did. It was one of those days where at the end of the day you thank Heavenly Father that your family is all alive and safe. So yesterday was one of those days where Kayda was really clingy and didn't want me to put her down. But at lunch time, since we have no kitchen to cook in, I decided to make Eggos in the toaster. Kayda finally let me put her down and while the Eggos were in the toaster, which was on our half wall, and I was getting some grapes Kayda decided to stick a spoon in the toaster. She started screaming and I realized she probably got a good shock. So after her nap I decided to take her on a bike ride to drop off the bills. On the way home a lady didn't see us and decided to pull out when we were right in front of her. I was so shaken up because I flew off the bike and I could just see Kayda strapped in so I got up and grabbed her as fast as I could. We decided to go to the ER where 5 1/2 hours later we got home and knowing that Kayda was OK. What a mess!! But thank goodness for regular rainy day and mondays.

2 comments:

bethany said...

Oh my gosh! I am so glad you guys are okay-I don't know what I would have done. I would have fallen apart . Did the lady get out and help you or anything? How scary!

Kristal said...

HOLY CRAP KIT!!!! I'm so glad you're ok too! Stupid lady! Yeah, I'm mean like that. We had a lady hit us with her car too...and we've had about 10 other almosts...(retirement communitees out here) Glad you're ok (and stop losing weight sucka!)